Krispy Kreme FILM FESTIVAL
Rules and Regulations and all the Fine Prints
Deadline for Submission: September 5th, 2014
Krispy K Canada Inc. (“Krispy Kreme”) is hosting the Krispy Kreme Film Festival (KKFF) which culminates in a Gala Movie Screening event in Toronto on Wednesday September 10th, 2014.
About the Krispy Kreme Film Festival
The film festival is chance for everyone – artists and non-artists alike, filmmakers, or anyone who shares our passion for doughnuts to show off their artistic talents through the medium of film or video. Ten finalists will then have their films shown at a private Gala screening event in Toronto, ON. There will be a grand prize winner announced at the gala event as selected by a panel of celebrity judges.
How Do You Participate and Who is Eligible
The KKFF is now accepting submissions from everyone including: non-artists, artists, directors, aspiring actors, or anyone who wishes to participate in the Krispy Kreme Film Festival. This contest portion of this event is open to residents of Canada, however, anyone on the planet is welcome to submit a video. Artists of any age are encouraged to participate. Employees and directors of Krispy K Canada Inc, any affiliate (as defined in the Canada Business Corporations Act) of Krispy K Canada Inc., and any employees, directors and officers of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, as well as family members of any of the foregoing are ineligible to enter the contest.
The films may be shot on a variety of devices/media including video, film, iPhones, Smartphones, iPads, tablets, cameras, HD video devices, etc.
What You Need To Do to Enter
Visit the KKFF at www.krispykremefilmfestival.ca and upload your video to your YouTube video account.
Artists may submit as many videos as they wish for consideration. If you submit more than one video, each must be submitted separately and you must have a signed Copyright Assignment (where applicable), for each video.
There is no charge to enter your video and there is no purchase necessary.
Entries must be submitted no later than 11:59 pm on Friday September 5th, 2014.
The top ten finalists will be announced on Monday September 8th, 2014 at www.krispykremefilmfestival.ca.
The invitation only gala event will take place on Wednesday September 10th at which time the grand prize winner will be announced.
Krispy Kreme will review your video as soon as it is submitted to ensure that it complies with the guidelines (see below). If approved, your video may become available for viewing on the Krispy Kreme Film Festival YouTube channel. The KKFF committee encourages artists to submit videos as early as possible in order to provide greater exposure of your contributions.
Artists will not be notified if they are not selected to appear on the YouTube channel. They will be advised if they become a finalist.
For more information about the Krispy Kreme Film Festival please check the website or email us email@example.com. Our mailing address is Krispy K Canada Inc, Box 63537, 1571 Sandhurst Circle, Scarborough, ON M1V 5K2
- Submissions must be between 7 seconds and 5 minutes in length
- High definition video is recommended. Higher resolutions are better suited for projecting in a theatre environment.
- Ideal specs include (but do not have to be):
- Quicktime ProRes HQ quality
- 1920x1080 frame size/resolution
- 23.98, 24, 25 or 29.97 fps
- All films must include some kind of doughnut theme (whether direct or indirect)
- Films must be acceptable for viewers of all ages. Artists should bear in mind that the audience will be broad-based and of all ages, and designs should be appropriate for public display.
- Designs that are religious, political or sexual in nature will not be accepted. As outlined below, designs will be evaluated to ensure they conform to these guidelines.
The top ten finalists will receive the following:
- Honorable mention on the KKFF website
- Doughnuts for a Year ($110)
- A swag bag (value based on sponsorship participation)
In addition to the above, the grand prize winner will receive a cash award of $1,000.00.
Finalists will be chosen by Krispy Kreme and will be selected based on originality, creativity and quality of video production. The Grand Prize winner will be chosen by a panel of judges selected by Krispy Kreme and will be announced at the Red Carpet Gala event in Toronto.
By submitting your video or film, you confirm that:
- You are the original creator of your design.
- You have not copied anyone else’s original work.
- Your design does not infringe on anyone else’s intellectual property rights (for example, trademark, copyrights, trade dress and design patent).
- To the extent anyone else has contributed to your design, you shall obtain a signed, written agreement from that person assigning all of their rights in their contribution to you.
Submitting a video or film to the 2014 Krispy Kreme Film Festival indicates your understanding that you are assigning the entire right, title and interest to your design to Krispy Kreme, the organizers of the film festival. Please remember to keep a copy of this document for your records.
If your finished video or film is approved for exhibition on the Krispy Kreme Film Fest YouTube channel, you will receive notice of such. Krispy Kreme will continue to own the entire right, title and interest in your video or film.
If your video or film is not approved or selected for exhibition, Krispy Kreme shall assign the entire right, title and interest in your design back to you.
Compliance with Laws
This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations of Canada and of each province, territory and municipality of Canada, respectively.